Identifying and Filtering Out Bad Keywords During ASO Process and Keyword Research
Keyword research plays a critical role in the App Store Optimization (ASO) process, as it directly impacts your app’s visibility and ranking. To ensure the effectiveness of your keyword strategy, it’s crucial to identify and filter out bad keywords during the research phase. In this article, we will discuss the importance of filtering, key questions to ask when assessing keywords, and how to prioritize your final list.
The Importance of Filtering Keywords
- Adhering to character limitations: Apple’s App Store allows only 100 characters for keywords, including commas. Ensuring you stay within this limit helps avoid penalties and enhances the effectiveness of your ASO strategy.
- Avoiding duplication: The App Store does not permit duplication of keywords, so it’s essential to remove any repeated keywords from your list.
- Ensuring relevance and traffic generation: Including irrelevant or low-traffic keywords can hurt your app’s ranking and visibility. Carefully filtering your list ensures you prioritize keywords with high traffic potential.
Key Questions to Assess Keywords
When evaluating each keyword, ask yourself the following questions:
- Will I use this keyword? Ensure the keyword is relevant to your app’s features, benefits, and target audience.
- Will it generate traffic? Prioritize keywords with high search volume and traffic potential.
- Is it worth sacrificing space? With limited character space, assess whether the keyword is valuable enough to include in your final list.
- Can I come up with variables or long-tail keywords from this one? Focus on keywords that can generate more variations and long-tail keywords, as they often have lower competition and higher conversion rates.
Filtering and Prioritizing Your Keywords
- Focus on traffic potential, not competition: When filtering your keywords, prioritize those with high traffic potential rather than low competition. High-traffic keywords can drive more downloads and improve your app’s ranking.
- Remove duplicates and irrelevant keywords: Eliminate any duplicate or irrelevant keywords from your list, as they can hinder your ASO efforts.
- Assess download intention: Ensure the keywords you select have a high likelihood of leading to downloads. Keywords with strong download intentions are more likely to contribute to your app’s success.
- Refine your list: Once you’ve assessed and prioritized your keywords, begin the process of deleting unnecessary keywords from your database until you have your final list.
Identifying and filtering out bad keywords is an essential step in the ASO process and keyword research. By focusing on traffic potential, relevance, and download intention, you can refine your list to prioritize high-performing keywords. This approach will ultimately enhance your app’s visibility, drive more downloads, and contribute to your app’s success in the competitive app market.